Monday, May 21, 2012

Reward offered for information about stolen lawnmower

As posted in the Kennebunk Post

To the editor:

I am continually amazed at the selfishness and entitlement attitude of people today and this past weekend something occurred that reinforces my experience.

So many people seem to see something they want and think it is OK to just take it. They never consider how their actions might hurt or impact others.

My mother recently passed on. She was well known and liked by many people. On Mother’s Day, her grandchildren went over to her house to mow the lawn and found that someone had stolen the lawnmower from her Hill Road home. You can only imagine how upset they were. I hope you’re happy and enjoy the use of the lawnmower.

The lawnmower, an 18-horse John Deere, was an older model and had seen better days, but was working well. It had a 52-inch mowing deck and a front bucket. Whomever took it had to drag it out of the garage because the bucket was down and there were no keys.

The funny thing is, if you really needed it that bad, I would have let you use it.

I am offering a reward of $1,500 if information leads to the arrest and prosecution of the people involved. This information has to be given to me. I can be reached at 284- 9911.

Kip Temm Arundel

No comments:

Post a Comment